- $19 million
- 38,000 square feet
New Performing Arts Center
- The 25,100 square foot building, conveniently located near the intersection of Embarcadero Road and El Camino Real, features some California mission-style architectural touches, including four arches on the second story of each side wall that will eventually serve as theater box seats.
- The theater also has a gracefully arched ceiling and a deep, expansive stage.
- Other features include a full fly tower, which enables scenery and backdrops to be raised and lowered from above, and a Meyer Constellation sound system that optimizes sound throughout the theater. (From PALY Theatre Website)
- Paly Theatre, Palo Alto High School’s Theater Program, offers students a wide variety of experiences in acting, writing, theater production, and technical theater.
- The department produces three major shows and offers seven classes to 175 students every year at Paly’s new Performing Arts Center.
- Students also participate in workshops, competitions, informal productions, and field trips.
Via The Mercury News.
- Lobby with restrooms, tickets, concession and gallery/display area
- Stage sized for band, orchestra, choral, and theatre
- Full fly loft
- Orchestra pit and trap room
- Control room and tech equipment support rooms
- Green Rooms with adjacent toilet and dressing rooms
- Scene, prop and costume storage, front of house storage
- Performing Arts Classroom
- Performing Arts Center office